[rabbitmq-discuss] Network failures recovery with RabbitMQ Java client

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 14:43:28 GMT 2011

I am investigating how to implement an (opt-in) network failure recovery for Langohr [1] and Hot Bunnies [2] and curious
about how people approach this problem. My main concern is handling shutdown notifications across multiple threads.

I am only trying to solve "the 80%" case for consumer apps right now. We have done it for amqp gem and it works fairly well but it is different from RabbitMQ Java client in many ways and most of apps that use it are single threaded.

So, if you have implemented network failure recovery using the Java client, I would be happy to hear what did and didn't work for you.

1. https://github.com/michaelklishin/langohr
2. https://github.com/ruby-amqp/hot_bunnies

MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin