[rabbitmq-discuss] using client from different threads

john doe john.doe44210 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 16:38:10 GMT 2011

Dear Steve,

Actually I am dealing with a distributed database (kind of), and I am doing
things like sending the same request to different shards, every shard
processes it and replies to the sender, which will merge results. It is
pretty much like a map reduce job.

I found out that routing offers nice ways for handling this kind of
request/response schemes (for example, I can send one request to one
instance of each shard of my computing grid with only one publish).

So I think you misunderstood my point, it is nothing like concatenating
multiple response messaging, but like a more generic rpc.

John