[rabbitmq-discuss] Fwd: Trying to use a closed RPC channel

Steve Powell steve at rabbitmq.com
Mon Dec 5 16:32:56 GMT 2011

Dear Mysurf,

First of all, rabbitmq 2.3.1 is a bit old now, and any problems you might have
may already be fixed in later releases.  Have you tried rabbitmq 2.7.0?

Secondly, thank you for elaborating but I'm afraid there are too many details
missing for us to be able to determine what might be wrong.

I cannot find any error message in our Java code (at 2.3.1 level or 2.7.0 level)
which looks like: "Trying to use a closed RPC channel". I do see an
EOFException("RpcClient is closed.") -- is that what you mean?
I also see AlreadyClosedException("Attempt to use closed channel") -- maybe
this is the one you see.  Notice that there is no reference to an RPC Channel
-- that's because there isn't one: RPC servers and clients use channels to
talk to the rabbit server, but they are not special nor dedicated channels.

Incidentally, that means that other parts of the program can close them.

If you are getting an exception, at the very least we would like to see the
full stack-trace that came with it, or else it is, I'm afraid, nearly
impossible to help you.

Steve Powell  (a bemused bunny)
----------some more definitions from the SPD----------
avoirdupois (phr.) 'Would you like peas with that?'
distribute (v.) To denigrate an award ceremony.
definite (phr.) 'It's hard of hearing, I think.'
modest (n.) The most mod.