[rabbitmq-discuss] Zombie direct exchanges

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Dec 5 12:20:04 GMT 2011

On 05/12/11 12:04, Rosa, Andrea wrote:
> Good question, I am implementing a RPC call so the server A ask for a
> remote call to server B, the server A declare the queue (temp_queueA)
> bind it to the direct exchange and wait for reply from server B.
> Server A send the request, server B gets and execute the request and
> sends back results using the exchange bound to the temp_queueA
> queue.

So why not have server A declare temp_queueA, have it send that queue's
name in the reply-to header, then have server B publish the message to
temp_queueA via the default exchange? That's the usual pattern, it's
quite a bit simpler, and I don't see what lots of extra exchanges is
buying you.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen