[rabbitmq-discuss] Message timeouts

Alex Grönholm alex.gronholm at nextday.fi
Mon Dec 5 02:48:48 GMT 2011

Dear Steve,

I know how to create queues properly. That was never the issue. The issue
was that if I created a leased queue, take the consumer offline and leave
it that way and the queue expires, the client is never notified that the
message was dropped and it will continue to wait for a response forever.
That is not how I want it to work. I expect the server to send some return
message when the queue dies. The mandatory flag does not help since it only
returns the message if it's not routed to a queue (which it is). But like I
said before, the dead lettering feature should help with this.