[rabbitmq-discuss] In-memory Cache or Messages?

Bryan Burke bryan.t.burke at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 21:58:47 GMT 2011

I have an application that performs pretty hefty number crunching on
large arrays.  Right now, there is an independent process that reads
the data from disk and caches it in Redis, passing the key to the
worker (basically pointer to data structure).  I'm not rewriting the
task queue with RabbitMQ.  Would it be better to pass these arrays
directly as messages or to stick with a scheme of passing the keys to
the queue and keeping the arrays in the cache?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Bryan