[rabbitmq-discuss] one queue - two consumers with prefetch 100

pavuuu pavankumar.manikonda at schneider-electric.com
Thu Dec 1 12:00:08 GMT 2011

I have two consumers(C1 & C2) with prefetch set to 100 on each of them. Also
both the queues are bound to the same queue on server. Now, say I've sent
1000 messages. Let us name the messages in queue from 1 to 1000, 1 being the
first message published into the queue and 1000 being the last one.

If both the consumers start running at the same time what way messages are
dispatched to the consumer ??

1 - 100 to C1  ----- 101 to 200 to C2 ----- 201 - 300 to C1  ----- 301 to
400 to C2 ------- and so on ??