[rabbitmq-discuss] Problem auto-deleting large number of queues?

Michael Chiang mchiang at plaxo.com
Sun Aug 28 09:14:10 BST 2011

Hi Matthias,

> In the graceful closure case, do you terminate the consumers simultaneously or in parallel?

The consumers are terminated in parallel but not simultaneously (ie, there might be a few sec of difference between each terminations).

> Is there a difference between using one connection with 200k queues vs 10 connections with 20k queues each?

You might be on to something :).  I just ran my test client with one connection with 200k queue.  In this case, even with graceful shutdown, I am running into the auto-deleting issues.

> I have some idea of what might be going on, but it would help if you condensed your test into a single program - perhaps using multiple threads - and sent it to us. Thanks.

Sure, I can change my test code on Monday to make it multi-threaded.
Thanks,
Michael