[rabbitmq-discuss] Message CorrelationId

Rishi Dev rishdev at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 19:01:30 BST 2011

Hi,

We have a messaging requirement in which the component (let us say
Component1) which publishes a message into (let us say) Queue1, waits for
it's response to come in Queue2.
It filters through messages of Queue2 using it's CorrelationId that it sent
as part of the message in Queue1.
The other component (let us say Component2) which processes messages from
Queue1 and puts the response back in Queue2 ensures to put CorrelationId in
the message object.

The above scenario currently works fine using ActiveMQ. Now that we are
planning to move from ActiveMQ to RabbitMQ, we need to ensure that our
messaging requirements are achieved with Rabbit.

I briefly looked at "*MessageProperties.BASIC.setCorrelationId(corrId);*"
It makes me feel good that I can set a CorrelationId on message when pushing
it to the Queue, but I am not able to figure out how I can filter messages
using this CorrelationId while consuming messages from the Queue.

Thanks for any help I can get on this.

Rishi