[rabbitmq-discuss] Consumer without a valid connection

Rosa, Andrea andrea.rosa at hp.com
Mon Aug 22 14:35:06 BST 2011

> Sent: 19 August 2011 12:14
> To: Rosa, Andrea
> Cc: rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com
> Subject: Re: [rabbitmq-discuss] Consumer without a valid connection
>

> Hi Andrea,

Hi Emile

> On 19/08/11 11:27, Rosa, Andrea wrote:
>
> > For some reason, that we can't understand, we have got a queue with
> two
> > consumers and one of this consumer is using a channel of a connection
> > that is not present in the list of connections.
>
> That should not be possible. If you check the connection pid of each
> channel with "rabbitmqctl list_channels connection" each of them should
> appear in the output of "rabbitmqctl list_connections pid". Is that not
> the case?

Sorry for my late reply. I verified and you are right it's not correct what I wrote.
The situation is that I have a queue with two consumer on two different connections.
It seems that one of this consumer is a "zombie", to fix the situation I closed all connection and restarted my application
After that there is just one consumer listening on the queue.
Is it possible that rabbitmq DB become inconsistency/corrupted (for some reason) and that creates this situation?
In this case to clean up the db I can delete the mnesia folder and restart the server?
Is it possible to have more details in the rabbitmq log files?

Thanks for your support
--
andrea