[rabbitmq-discuss] Mochiweb MAX_RECV_BODY and JSON_RPC plugin

Gavin M. Roy gmr at myyearbook.com
Fri Aug 19 21:20:05 BST 2011

 Ran into an unintended snag with JSON Channel RPC with regard to a mochiweb limitation.

Mochiweb has a hardcoded constant for the maximum body size for a request at 1MB:

https://github.com/mochi/mochiweb/blob/master/src/mochiweb_request.erl#L47

This is a problem when you're trying to POST messages that are larger than 1MB.

The fix is relatively easy, but I wanted to find out if there was any patching of mochiweb prior to making the mochiweb.ez file or is the file just provided for convenience and providing a tagged supported version. That is, if I recompile it with the # I want, can I just go from the vanilla mochiweb repo?

Thanks,

Gavin