[rabbitmq-discuss] Connect to rabbitmq outside the host

Andrei Varanovich dotnetby at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 20:01:32 BST 2011

Alvaro, Matthias,

Thanks for your replies!

Yes you understood me correctly, I want to connect to the broker (which is
inside amazon) from the client outside.
I also realized myself that using an external IP I can connect, and this is
what you are also pointing out; however is that still possible to use FQDN,
and not IP address in the "external" connections? At the moment only IP
address works for me.

Thanks,
Andrei

2011/8/19 Alvaro Videla <videlalvaro at gmail.com>

> You only need to "resolve" those host names if you were clustering those
> servers. So to one be able to see each other then that would probably
> matter.
>
> To open an AMQP connection just do an ifconfig and get your external IP.
> Then connect to that using the enabled Port.
>
> Try something like: telnet your-ip the-port and see what happens
>
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Matthias Radestock <matthias at rabbitmq.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Andrei,
>>

>> On 17/08/11 12:58, Andrei Varanovich wrote:
>>
>>> the following ports are opened in regard to rabbitmq:
>>> 4369
>>> 5672