[rabbitmq-discuss] Cluster Issue in Management UI

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Aug 18 18:31:46 BST 2011

On 18/08/11 18:19, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> For example, node 1 doesn't see queues on node 3, however node 2
> does. Node 1 does see node 3's connections and channels, however. It
> does not seem to impact the production use of the cluster beyond the
> Management UI, though I've not tried to use node 3's queues from
> node1. I imagine that'd fail as well.

Weird.

Some of the things you see in mgmt come from Mnesia, and some from the
management statistics database.

What you're seeing makes it sound like all the nodes in the cluster are
sharing the same stats DB (as they should), but somehow Mnesia has
become partitioned with node 1 being separate from node 2 and node 3.
Needless to say, this should not happen.

To verify this, when you say "node 1 doesn't see queues on node 3", does
this also apply to exchanges, users and vhosts? What does rabbitmqctl
status (pre 2.5) / cluster_status (2.5) say on each node?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware