[rabbitmq-discuss] Load Balanced Consumers?

James Carr james.r.carr at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 23:40:56 BST 2011

I actually observed some odd behavior on this setup Friday. I began
publishing through the load balancer (which load balanced to node1 and
node2) while I fired up a consumer that was connected to the same
queue on node1 and node2. I got messages from both nodes in the
consumer and decided to take one node off the cluster to see what
happened. It appears that when I brought one node down the other node
was also taken down and didn't return until I brought the other node
back up. I also couldn't stop nodes using rabbitmqctl stop_app as it
never completed and I resorted to a hard stop (killing the rabbitmq
process).

I'm going to experiment more tomorrow, but so far it seems that I
cannot have a cluster running reliably when messages are being
published. I'll provide more details as I get them (I'm betting I did
something moronic configuring the cluster, boo).

Thanks,
James