[rabbitmq-discuss] facing issues with the SSL implementations with RabbitMQ + Windows + .Net

Dan B danbarua at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 14:50:33 BST 2011

Hi Abhijit,

I've spent hours wrestling with the "The message received was unexpected or
badly formatted" error. I was using SSL with .Net on Windows (rather than
Mono on Linux which is where the docs come from.)

I converted all the certifications to .pem format using OpenSSL.

My config looks like this:

[
  {rabbit, [
     {ssl_listeners, [5671]},
     {ssl_options, [{cacertfile,"C:/CAConfig/publicCertificate.pem"},
                    {certfile,"C:/CAConfig/publicCertificate.pem"},
                    {keyfile,"C:/CAConfig/private.pem"},
                    {verify,verify_peer},
                    {fail_if_no_peer_cert,true}]}
   ]}