[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ and Stomp topic behavior

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Aug 9 09:08:31 BST 2011

Massimo,

On 09/08/11 08:39, Massimo Paladin wrote:
> It crashed also with only stomp and amqp_client plugins.
>
> Attached you can find the latest report I got in one run and a crash dump.

According to the crash dump, rabbit is failing to allocate 6.9G when it
already has 5.8G, giving a total of 12.7G. You said your machine has
16GB of RAM and 8GB of swap, so growing a process to 12.7G shouldn't be
a problem. What memory threshold does rabbit report in its logs? And do
you have other programs running that consume a large amount of memory?
Check with 'ps auxw --sort vsz'.

Regards,

Matthias.