[rabbitmq-discuss] Error Creating cluster in RabbitMQ on EC2

Marek Majkowski majek04 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 11:04:52 BST 2011

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 06:40, News Aanad <news.anand11 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have opened all the prot required for rabbitmq clustering i.e. 5672,4369.
> I can also ping the host name of other AMI.

And what about erlang vm port controlled via inet_dist_listen_min and
inet_dist_listen_max?
http://www.erlang.org/faq/how_do_i.html#id55256

To check if the connectivity is all right, open an erlang interpreter, type
> net_adm:ping(nodename at host).

It should print 'pong', see the erlang docs:
http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/net_adm.html#ping-1

Cheers,
   Marek