[rabbitmq-discuss] A few questions about custom rabbit_msg_store_index implementations

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 15:43:41 BST 2011

Hi,

I am looking at implementing my own rabbit_msg_store_index that would use
Redis (probably with JSON serialization
of Erlang data types, I need basic queue inspection capabilities and don't
care much about performance degradation compared to
raw ETS).

My first question is, could someone from the rabbitmq team briefly explain
when each of the functions is used? insert and delete
are pretty self-explanatory but some others are not. This is what I am
referring to:

behaviour_info(callbacks) ->
    [{new,            1},
     {recover,        1},
     {lookup,         2},
     {insert,         2},
     {update,         2},
     {update_fields,  3},
     {delete,         2},
     {delete_by_file, 2},
     {terminate,      1}];

My 2nd question is: I see that rabbit_app.in instructs rabbit to use ETS
implementation. Does it mean that in order to use Redis backend I'd have
to build rabbit from source and build my own .deb packages? or is there a
way to do this from a "regular" dynamically loaded plugin?

Thank you.

--
MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin