[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ actively refuses connections after connectity issues

Alfonso Pantoja alfonso.pantoja at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 15:36:18 BST 2011

2011/8/2 Simon MacMullen <simon at rabbitmq.com>

> On 02/08/11 11:17, Alfonso Pantoja wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your response.
>>

> I really think your problem is that one of your clients was somehow opening
> connections in an uncontrolled way. If this happens again I would strongly
> recommend checking the connections list in mgmt or rabbitmqctl
> list_connections to see where they all are.

Ok, we'll try to monitor the numer of connections.

By the way  Since we are using RequestedHeartbeat feature is it possible to
open a connection to rabbit and not use it anymore without being
disconnected?
(setting RequestedHeartbea with a value > 0 is enough or additional code is
needed?)

> Obviously it's too late now but if you still have the log files from around
> then you might be able to cross reference "accepted TCP connection" and
> "closing TCP connection" and see what you have left over.

Yes, maybe is too late but I'll try to get them.

Thanks

Regards,

Alfonso