[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ actively refuses connections after connectity issues

Alfonso Pantoja alfonso.pantoja at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 11:17:17 BST 2011

Simon,

Thanks for your response.
We have about 8 windows services and all use the heartbeat feature. 6
of them use the basicGet approach (this should be changed)
I think default Ubuntu's configuration has not been modified so I
think it is strange that those few consumers/publishers could run out
the file descriptors.

Windows services try to connect to RabbitMQ continously so when the
connection is lost there are trying to connect permanently. Can these
behavior lead to a  file descriptor lack while Rabbit is restarting
and about to be operative?

After reading some posts in this group I'm wondering if a large amount
of queues could be a problem. We have more 1000 durable queues. The
most of them are created due to the use of a custom mod_rabbitmq in
Ejabberd where all users have their message queue.

Thank you in advance

Regards,

Alfonso