No subject

Tue Apr 12 10:32:41 BST 2011

insofar as the array of servers is dynamic, I'm hoping my desire to
use a single message over a "fanout" exchange will make some sense (as
opposed to having to send a single message to each server via a named
queue (or perhaps routing key) that would require me to have a list of
all of the servers in advance of publishing).

Which brings me to my question(s): when you say: "The broker, in turn,
will only acknowledge the message if . . . 2) it has been delivered to
a consumer on each of the queues it had reached"--does this mean that
the broker (in this case, fanout exchange) will only send an ack to
the publisher after a consumer on each of the attached queues has been
reached? After some very rough testing with multiple consumers
attached to the same fanout exchange, it has appeared to me that the
publisher may get an ack prior to one of the consumers sending its ack
back to the broker. This may just be the result of bad test code (on
my part) *or* it may relate the fact that I am using temporary queues
(e.g., channel.queueDeclare().getQueue()) rather than durable queues,
as you suggest below. If that latter is the case, are you suggesting
that using durable queues would make the broker wait on all consumers
for all of the queues before returning an ack to the publisher? If so,
that sounds like it would do the trick.

Sorry again, for being so verbose and thanks very much for your help.

Cheers,
Jonathan

On Sep 23, 5:58=C2=A0am, Alexandru Scvor=C5=A3ov <alexan... at rabbitmq.com> w=
rote: