[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP header sizes an issue?

Alexis Richardson alexis at rabbitmq.com
Thu Apr 28 10:19:43 BST 2011

Gene

Sorry for being slow - it's the holiday season in the UK where many of
us are based.

IIRC the header is around 40 bytes so you may want to batch.  Shovel
is primarily a relay does not do message batching.  The plugin is
implemented as an embedded client.  You could modify it to batch but
it may be better to batch at the producer(s).  This is not hard to
do...

Let us know if this helps, and how you get on!

alexis