[rabbitmq-discuss] Message delivered to only one consumer in a topic exchange

Aaron Westendorf aaron at agoragames.com
Wed Apr 27 13:51:14 BST 2011

Garrett,

Do you have individual queues for all of your consumers? If you want
multiple consumers to receive the message, they must have their own
queues.

I've had to explain this scenario before, and the approach I've found
most successful is to stress that the queue is the ultimate
destination of a message. From there, you are welcome to consume it,
but the queue is the final resting place of a message. So if you want
multiple consumers to process it, they each must have a queue which
can receive a copy of the message.

-Aaron