[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq.conf memory configuration

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Thu Apr 21 10:37:49 BST 2011

Vinayagamoorthi,

On 19/04/11 17:27, Vinayagamoorthi.Kvi at wipro.com wrote:
> I need your help to define/assign the certain memory specifically via
> rabbitmq.conf file but I don’t know how to.

Rabbit tries to operate inside a defined fraction of available RAM,
which can be set in the rabbitmq.config (NB: .config, not .conf; also,
as of release 2.4.0 the rabbitmq.conf file has been renamed to
rabbitmq-env.conf, to avoid confusion with the rabbitmq.config file).

See http://www.rabbitmq.com/extensions.html#memsup for details.

Note that the fraction is not a hard bound - it is quite normal for
rabbit to exceed that threshold temporarily by 100% (and more in some
extreme cases).

There is no way to configure a hard and/or absolute limit.

Regards,

Matthias.