[rabbitmq-discuss] Hello World Example

Ann Witbrock awitbrock at vmware.com
Mon Apr 18 18:36:33 BST 2011

That is the error you get with the wrong version of pika for your client code.

We are in process of updating the python tutorials and examples from pika 0.5.2 to 0.9.5
Currently you will find the code examples and readme on github are for 0.9.5, but the website tutorials are for 0.5.2
They should match in a day or so (just waiting for approval).
The differences are actually very small.

You may find it useful to have a recent version of pip, too.
This will make it easier to uninstall any version you don't need.
It's possible you have both versions of pika installed, and have just selected 0.9.5 (e.g. if you ran pip install pika without specifying version)

Ann Witbrock
awitbrock at vmware.com<mailto:awitbrock at vmware.com>