[rabbitmq-discuss] Creating a job only once (using Java Client API)

Dave Syer david_syer at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 18 13:40:21 BST 2011

> This is the situation. I am developing a distributed application which
> comprises of several instances of itself at runtime. A single instance
> of this application would be mostly single threaded and have no
> interprocess communication and can be viewed as a worker.

I think you are looking for a global lock implementation, which Rabbit
can never be.  Messaging is a good way to ensure that precisely one of
your consumers acts on a given message, but there is no guarantee
without a central lock that precisely one message will be sent.  Does
that make sense, or did I misread the requirement?