[rabbitmq-discuss] errors from management plugin appear to stop messages delivery

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Apr 12 23:16:16 BST 2011

Ian,

Ian Ragsdale wrote:
> It isn't currently happening, but I'll reenable the plugin and see
> what happens.  One other note is that when I did a 'rabbitmqctl
> rotate_logs' the numbers would update again and data would flow for a
> while, but then stop.

It's possible that looking at 4000+ queues in the management plug-in,
let alone with rabbitmqctl, puts quite a bit of load on the system,
depending on how frequently you are doing that.

Also, writing the reported error to the logs will be expensive and will
block acceptance of new connections while that is taking place.

Regards,

Matthias.