[rabbitmq-discuss] stomp plugin doesn't work in Ubuntu Natty

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Apr 12 15:23:51 BST 2011

On 12/04/11 15:16, Brian Thomason wrote:
> The full log can be found here:
>
> http://pastebin.com/DcMzc8S0

 From the pastebin:

 > ## Huh? "Embedded Rabbit Stomp Adapter","0.0.0" & "RabbitMQ AMQP
 > Client","0.0.0" version 0.0.0?

Plugins show version 0.0.0 if they're self-compiled and you didn't
specify a VERSION when bulding them.

 > Server private detail: {{{case_clause,
 >                           {badrpc,
 >                            {'EXIT',
 >                             {undef,
 >                              [{rabbit_direct,connect,

I think you're running self-compiled plugins from hg default against the
2.3.1 server release - certainly there were some API changes in this
area. This won't work - plugins tend to be bound tightly to a given
server release.

So either download binary plugins from
http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/plugins/v2.3.1/ or update all your
plugin repos to tag rabbitmq_v2_3_1, make clean everywhere, and rebuild.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ