[rabbitmq-discuss] Reconnect logic for C library

Paul Dix paul at pauldix.net
Tue Apr 12 14:50:13 BST 2011

Hi Matthias,
I briefly tried to use these two:

amqp_tx_commit(connection, channel);
amqp_get_rpc_reply(connection)

Then check the result. However, I found that it would indicate success
for a message or two after I took RabbitMQ down before it indicated a
problem. I ended up bailing on C, but I'd be interested to hear if
this is possible with the library. The two things are: fail if a
message doesn't get published (i.e. don't fail silently) and check
that a connection/channel is open.

Thanks,
Paul