[rabbitmq-discuss] Fw: Reg RabbitMQ Clustering

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Apr 12 14:34:56 BST 2011

On 12/04/11 07:38, Dhivya Swaminathan wrote:

> Can anybody suggest on this.

1) I'm not sure what you mean by rabbitmq-erlang, but yes, you should
avoid clustering over a WAN. ATM this means the shovel is the best solution.

2) The queue only exists on one node in the cluster, but you can access
it from any node as if it were local.

> Also in the clustering guide of rabbitmq it is said that clusters has
> ACID properties.So I guess answer for my 3rd and 4th question is "Yes".

That's correct, although it's more a consequence of (2).

Cheers, Simon

Simon MacMullen
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ
SpringSource, a division of VMware