[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue Bindings

sunghyun lee sunshinesucker at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 17:15:00 BST 2011

We are currently in the process of creating an application which may result
in thousands of bindings to a queue.  After some testing it was discovered
that the amount of time to remove the bindings (roughly 6000) was pretty
long compared to creating them.  They must be removed as we need to queue to
be set to auto delete for the implementation to be viable.

What problems will this cause? When we were investigating we found the
broker would wait to return binding information if there was a queue in the
process of being removed. Will this process block anything other processes?
 Are they any other issues we should be aware of when dealing with this many
bindings?

The current version of the broker we are using is 2.4.0.

cheers for the help!