[rabbitmq-discuss] Portability of mnesia and other data between IP addresses

Alext0 althomas at maninvestments.com
Mon Apr 11 15:18:37 BST 2011

OK, a query with almost the same subject was posted a while ago!

But that concerned clustering, DRBD etc, and our scenario is much simpler...

We want to migrate an RMQ instance from one machine to another by stopping
it, transferring the data files and restarting it at the destination.

Externally, the DNS hostname is migrated from one IP address to the other.
Our RMQ nodename will use the DNS name (e.g. RMQ1 - not a FQDN) so this
won't need to change.

Despite this, we heard there might be references to the IP address in mnesia
files and hence migrating the IP address too would be required (i.e. we need
a VIP) - can we get away without this?

Thanks a lot!
Alex