[rabbitmq-discuss] BasicQoS usage: consuming 1 by 1 messages avoind unacking the whole queue

Alfonso Pantoja alfonso.pantoja at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 15:25:22 BST 2011

On 6 abr, 18:48, Simon MacMullen <si... at rabbitmq.com> wrote:

> That certainly should work. Are you sending basic.qos *before*
> consuming? If you consume first you may get a load of messages sent
> immediately, before the qos takes effect.

Great. I was using RpcServer and Subscription based classes and place
the call to QoS
at the wrong place. Now it is working.

> If you keep invoking get without acking then you could have more than
> one unacked, but that's up to you. The performance is not great, that's
> right. And you'd have to poll. Ugh.

Is there any difference between BasicConsume using a QoS as
prefecthCount=1
and using BasicGet?
I suppose prefecthCount=1 means than more TCP paquets are sent from
Rabbit to consumers but besides this
 is BasicConsume more efficient than BasicGet under this conditions or
the underlying logic is almost the same?

Regards,

Alfonso

As you told me I tried