[rabbitmq-discuss] Pika 0.9.5 UserWarning: Write buffer exceeded warning threshold

can xiang xiang.can at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 04:00:31 BST 2011

Hi,

I'm evaluating a messaging system for my web project. I give rabbitmq 2.4.0
and pika 0.9.5 a try, today. It works unbelievably fine. Below is what I'm
doing:

1. Use pika with tornado 1.0,  which uses TornadoConnection adapter
2. only produce message in tornado handler, no consumer in tornado
3. use 3 standalone round-robin worker as consumer

I did a 1million "hello word" test with "ab -n 1000000 -c 10
http://localhost/helloword". Message flows at 2000+message/s and 100%
message receive, all good except I get the following warning in tornado
process:
*
 /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pika-0.9.5-py2.6.egg/pika/connection.py:642:
UserWarning: Pika: Write buffer exceeded warning threshold at 1271 bytes and
an estimated 21 frames behind*

I googled a bit without any finding. So, Any idea how it happened? what does
it mean? How to suppress it?

Best regards!
can