[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbit MQ AMQP

Alexis Richardson alexis at rabbitmq.com
Wed Sep 29 15:08:49 BST 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 2:55 PM, wdrozd <wdrozd at i-a-i.com> wrote:

> I have a couple of questions about Rabbit MQ:
>
> 1) On the home page it says that Rabbit MQ is the leading implementation of
> AMQP, but Rabbit MQ doesn't support 0-10, only 0-9-1. What do you mean when
> you say "leading" do you mean "most users"?

Most users and largest number of implementations.

> 2) What are the differences between AMQP 0-9-1 and 0-10? I cannot find a
> changes list at all.

AMQP 0-9-1 was created after 0-10.  Both are preceded by 0-9.

I'm not sure if a list of changes is in the public domain.  It would
not be a simple document to write.

> 3) Is Rabbit MQ planning on implementing AMQP 1.0?

When we know what it is.

> 4) Is Rabbit MQ owned by VMWare?

Yes.

> I am trying to decide between Rabbit MQ and QPid, does anyone have an
> opinion on this?

It depends what problem you are trying to solve.  The two products
have different strengths.

alexis