[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-server start crashing on start

Adam Nelson adam at varud.com
Fri Sep 24 19:33:56 BST 2010

Chandra,

It seems like a more modern OS would at least allow you to get more
assistance from others.  It looks like the common OSes to think about would
be:

Linux (I personally like Ubuntu)
Solaris
Windows 2003 or 2008
OS X Snow Leopard

I doubt many people are running RabbitMQ on Windows XP (although I could be
wrong).  You can spin up an instance on any of these OSes on Amazon ec2
pretty cheaply.

-Adam

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Chandra R <mybayworkz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I still couldn't run it. This time I created a new windows xp VM with 3.5
> gb ram and installed rabbitmq 2.1.0 on it. But it still crashing on start as
> erl.exe memory usage -585,332 k.
>
> Is there something else I can try to run it please ?
>
> Thank you for any input/advise.
>
> Chandra
>

> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 8:22 AM, Chandra R <mybayworkz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to run rabbitmq 2.1.0 on my PC as a server with 2 gb ram. But
>> it is crashing on start.
>> Activating Rabbitmq plugins ...0 plugins activated and it crashes as
>> erl.exe uses up all the memory.
>>
>> Is it because of resources  because I have set all the class paths and
>> have erlang installed at C:\Elang\erl5.7.4
>> and rabbitmq at C:\rabbit\rabbitmq_server-2.1.0 because I was told there
>> were some issues when trying to install at "Program files" because of the
>> space in the folder name.
>>
>> Thank you for any help advice.
>> ------------------ from erl_crash.dump-------------------------------
>>
>> =erl_crash_dump:0.1
>> Thu Sep 23 08:19:02 2010
>> Slogan: eheap_alloc: Cannot allocate 583848200 bytes of memory (of type
>> "heap").
>> System version: Erlang R13B03 (erts-5.7.4) [rq:1] [async-threads:30]
>> Compiled: Tue Nov 24 11:12:28 2009
>> Atoms: 7290
>> =memory
>> total: 1175947208