[rabbitmq-discuss] Addition to plugins documentation

Spil Oss spil.oss at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 11:18:26 BST 2010

Hi All,

Please add the windows prerequisite libeay to the plugins page or
Windows install instructions.

After a lot of work (on Windows 7 x64) the message:
Kernel pid terminated (application_controller)
({application_start_failure,crypto,{shutdown,{crypto_app,start,[normal,[]]}}})
finally dawned on me..... crypto....

The broker would start but any plugin that I wanted to install
required mochiweb and would make the broker fail to start with above
message.

A bit of googling then showed up libeay as a dependency. This lib is
all over the place but not in my SysWOW64 directory. After copying a
libeay32.dll to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 the broker would start.

Kind regards,

Spil.