[rabbitmq-discuss] Shutdown Listener on Java Client API

Vlad Alexandru Ionescu vlad at rabbitmq.com
Wed Sep 15 12:51:27 BST 2010

Hi Dave,

AFAIK, the event should fire regardless of the shutdown reason (be it
connection loss, server initiated connection close, sudden socket
closed, heartbeat timeout etc.). It appears to me that you are using it
correctly.

Depending on the type of load balancer you are using, perhaps the
clients never got disconnected? It is also possible that there is a bug
in the client code.

Rgds,
Vlad.