[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 2.0 hanging

Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk
Tue Sep 14 21:02:13 BST 2010

Just so you all know, I had previously diagnosed the problem as being the
persister not supporting flush to disk, as you'll see from a rather lengthy
thread a month or so ago.

However, upon switching to 2.0, although it managed to stay alive for
longer, it did still eventually freeze up.

This was with 64 celeryd workers, both consuming and producing on the same
publisher.

It managed to stay alive with 4, but if I increased it any more than that,
it froze after a few minutes/hours.

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 8:58 PM, Dave Greggory <davegreggory at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Noah and Cal, thanks for letting us know that you've seen something
> similar.
>
> We noticed it on our 2-node disk-node cluster (on both 1.8.1 and 2.0.0)
> running on Erlang 13B04 under Centos Linux on VMWare VM.
>
> Cal, you're right, this is pretty serious and RabbitMQ is kind of getting a
> bad rep in our organization because of this (undeservedly so, in my opinion,
> its way better than other message brokers, but it's hard to fight the good
> fight when appearance is everything).

Cal Leeming

Operational Security & Support Team

*Out of Hours: *+44 (07534) 971120 | *Support Tickets: *
support at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk
*Fax: *+44 (02476) 578987 | *Email: *cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk
*IM: *AIM / ICQ / MSN / Skype (available upon request)
Simplicity Media Ltd. All rights reserved.
Registered company number 7143564