[rabbitmq-discuss] Multiple consumers and queue subscription

Tom Williams tom.williams at CrispThinking.com
Mon Sep 13 16:12:33 BST 2010

Hi chaps,
I'm pretty new to RabbitMQ, but I have an application which had multiple subscribers to the same queue in several different processes, when I push a message onto that queue should it be received by only 1 of the subscribers? All the subscribers are the same, they're just on separate processes (on separate machines) for the sake of load balancing, so any subscriber can pick up any message. Is the subscriber model the right thing to be using here?

Regards,
Tom