[rabbitmq-discuss] mitigating broker and consumer outages

Shane Witbeck shane at digitalsanctum.com
Thu Sep 9 20:59:00 BST 2010

I'm doing some analysis in terms of mitigating outages of rabbit brokers
and/or consumers. I have the following questions:

   1. I've noticed that all consumers connected to a broker (via Spring
   AMQP) stop whenever the broker is stopped. Is this behavior expected?
   2. What's the best practice for doing a complete reset (restarting the
   broker and consumers)?
   3. In a system with hundreds of consumers on dozens of machines, it's
   impractical to restart them by hand. Is there anything out of the box which
   can facilitate reconnecting consumers to a broker?

TIA

--
-Shane