[rabbitmq-discuss] erlang client blowing chunks

Jon Brisbin jon.brisbin at npcinternational.com
Wed Sep 1 16:11:13 BST 2010

On Sep 1, 2010, at 9:53 AM, Vlad Alexandru Ionescu wrote:

> Jon,
>

> It seems you found a bug. Thank you for that.
>
> Still, you are not using version 2.0.0, since this bug does not reproduce in 2.0.0.
> Can you try the series of commands:
>
> $ hg clone -u rabbitmq_v2_0_0 http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-server
> $ hg clone -u rabbitmq_v2_0_0 http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-codegen
> $ hg clone -u rabbitmq_v2_0_0 http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-erlang-client
> $ cd rabbitmq-erlang-client
> $ make test_network

I don't remember if I put it in the last email or not but I also tried these commands in a separate directory from the umbrella checkout and got the same error:

make run_test_broker RUN_TEST_BROKER_ARGS="-s network_client_SUITE test"
make -C ../rabbitmq-server start-background-node
RABBITMQ_NODE_IP_ADDRESS="" RABBITMQ_NODE_PORT="" RABBITMQ_LOG_BASE="/var/folders/+E/+EAa1V61EkOEVs83Nv6vbU+++TI/-Tmp-/" RABBITMQ_MNESIA_DIR="/var/folders/+E/+EAa1V61EkOEVs83Nv6vbU+++TI/-Tmp-//rabbitmq-rabbit-mnesia" \
		RABBITMQ_NODE_ONLY=true \
		RABBITMQ_SERVER_START_ARGS=" -detached" \
		./scripts/rabbitmq-server ; sleep 1
make -C ../rabbitmq-server start-rabbit-on-node
echo "rabbit:start()." | erl_call -sname rabbit -e
/bin/sh: erl_call: command not found
make[2]: *** [start-rabbit-on-node] Error 127
make[1]: *** [boot_broker] Error 2
make: *** [test_network] Error 2

> After these, you should get a "dist" folder in the rabbitmq-erlang-client which contains the two .ez files. By looking inside these, you could deduce what source files you would need (from the generated .beam file names). If you then grab the source files from rabbitmq-server/src and rabbitmq-erlang-client/src (*after* having done the build) plus the includes, you should be fine.

I'm giving up for the time being. Too much to do to mess around with this today. :/

I know I can do this Java and I know it works because I've already got a nice event-based SQL executor. I just need to send it a bunch of messages to use it as a load tester.

I'll re-visit this in a couple days because I still want to get the remote erlang client going for another project where I'll be sending messages from a Nitrogen-based web app.

jb