[rabbitmq-discuss] Open-Ok no longer populating known_hosts

Sigurd Høgsbro sigurd.hogsbro at museeka.com
Wed Sep 1 13:22:39 BST 2010

Hi Matthias,

We use the hostname for follow-up diagnosis after identifying application
failures. In such scenarios it is useful to know which of the RabbitMQ
servers behind the (transparent) load-balancer to investigate.

Fair point on the information leakage, but I'm not sure why you're concerned
about the server hostname being exposed as it used to be exposed until
recently. We could also use a name/token specified in the server
configuration file if you prefer not to expose DNS names.

Otherwise we'll have to figure a way get this information from the
load-balancers.

Sigurd