[rabbitmq-discuss] Mgmt plugin (2.1.1)

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Oct 27 11:56:31 BST 2010

On 22/10/10 14:16, Alext0 wrote:

> Unfortunately the R14B from http://repos.fedorapeople.org/ doesn't seem to be
> there yet.

Damn, you're quite right. I thought because it was listed it would exist...

> I've tried a couple of other things:
>
> 1) Built from src, but startup fails even with no plugins:
> Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...
> ERROR: generation of boot script file
> /opt/mnesia/flopsy/plugins-scratch/rabbit.script failed:
> {'EXIT',{{badmatch,{erl_prim_loader,error}},
>           [{xref_utils,find_beam,1},
>            {xref_base,'-make_libs/5-fun-0-',2},
>            {lists,foldl,3},
>            {xref_base,make_libs,5},
>            {xref_base,do_set_up,1},
>            {xref_base,do_set_up,2},
>            {xref_base,q,3},
>            {xref,handle_call,3}]}}

I'm not sure, but this looks strongly as if bits of Erlang are missing /
not being found.

> 2) Tried a branch of Mochiweb that is R12B compatible from
> http://github.com/lemenkov/mochiweb.git

I wouldn't necessarily recommend this anyway; I think even if you got it
working you'd run into similar problems with webmachine.

> Any other tips appreciated

I'm really not a Fedora / CentOS / RHEL expert (can you tell?) but I
have seen someone build an R14B RPM by taking the R12B5 SRPM and
substituting in the R14B tarball and tweaking the spec file (just for
filenames ISTR). I don't think the overall shape of Erlang has changed
enough for packaging to be different. That might be a useful approach.

Cheers, Simon
--
Simon MacMullen
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ