[rabbitmq-discuss] [Malformed Packet] in wireshark after a Channel.open frame

Bruno Thomas thomasbam at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 11:18:05 BST 2010

2010/10/26 Martin Sustrik <sustrik at 250bpm.com>:
> On 10/26/2010 05:48 PM, Martin Sustrik wrote:
>> When I wrote the wireshark dissector for AMQP there wan no AMQP/0-9-1 by
>> then, so it dissects AMQP/0-9. Maybe something have changed between two
>> version of AMQP that makes it believed the frame is malformed?

Ok, thank you. We use rabbit 1.8.0 with AMQP 0-9-1 specification. The
frame "Open-Ok" of Channel.open message has probably changed (I havent
checked the details). But the channels are functionnal.

We have seen thanks to wireshark, that the ipvadm machine that
loadbalances the 2 rabbit nodes was sending to the application server
machines TCP RST if the connections are not used for a 10 mn period
(we must see that with our op team).
In that case, the java socket that publish the message cannot know
that the connection will be reset by the VIP server. I guess also that
it must occur between connection heartbeats.

> Oh my, I should type much slower than I do:

We had understood :)

Thanks again for your answer.

Bruno Thomas