[rabbitmq-discuss] Fwd: Batch Acknowledge

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Oct 26 15:35:12 BST 2010

Davide,

Davide Maestroni wrote:
> My problem here is that, in the architecture I have to implement, I
> could receive a lot of messages in a very short time, so if the broker
> re-enqueues not acknowledged ones they can end up to be re-sent
> thousands of messages later. Which means that there's no way I can do
> the re-ordering on the consumer side.

Could you recover ordering by the producer sticking a sequence number
into the message? That should work as long as all the produced messages
end up in the same queue.

Also note that rabbit sets the 'redelivered' flag on deliveries that
have been sent to a consumer for the second and subsequent times. This
too helps in recovering order.

Regards,

Matthias.