[rabbitmq-discuss] spring-amqp

rjwirth rwirth at demandware.com
Tue Oct 26 13:19:26 BST 2010

Mark Fisher-8 wrote:

> Out of curiosity, what is the use-case where you expect to use
> Basic.Reject from within a Spring AMQP app?

Hello Mark, thanks for getting back to me.
I am playing with QoS, Retry, transacted mode vs. ack/reject etc, and the
first thing I wanted to try is the onMessage() fail case to rollback and let
another consumer take the message.  If I use auto-ack and, the message seems
to remain on the broker. Again, I am new to AMQP, having worked with JBoss
and Sonic before. I stumbled over this post:
http://neopatel.blogspot.com/2010/08/rabbitmq-retrying-failed-messages.html