[rabbitmq-discuss] AMPQ PHP Extensions on Ubuntu 10.04

Pieter de Zwart pdezwart at rubiconproject.com
Mon Oct 25 18:49:14 BST 2010

We are working on rewriting the PHP PECL extension for 0-9-1 support. We are
taking the opportunity to rework the API a little to be more user friendly.

As of right now, I would recommend writing an OO wrapper for all of your
AMQP interactions and use Alvaro's suggestion, and when the PHP PECL
extension is ready, you will be able to easily switch over if you so desire.

Pieter

On 10/25/10 5:40 AM, "Charl van Niekerk" <charlvn at charlvn.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I recently installed the rabbitmq-server package on Ubuntu 10.04 and
> am now trying to get one of the available PHP extensions installed and
> configured. I seem to be hitting compilation errors though.
>
> Firstly, I tried to install the amqp-0.1.1 package directly from PECL:
>
> http://pecl.php.net/package/amqp
> http://pastebin.com/S8EDmPF1
>
> Then I tried php-amqp 0.0.7:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/php-amqp/
> http://pastebin.com/PDptCs64
>
> And afterwards php-rabbit:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/php-rabbit/
> http://pastebin.com/5hTCR1HG
>
> I installed librabbitmq-c / librabbitmq-codegen prior to attempting
> php-amqp 0.0.7 or php-rabbit and it seems to have completed without
> any trouble.
>
> Any help / advice would be much appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Charl

the rubicon project

PIETER DE ZWART | LEAD, INTERFACES TEAM
€€€ P 310 207 0272 | x224
€€€ C 408 666 4443
€€€ F 323 466 7119

1925 S. BUNDY DRIVE
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA 90025

WWW.RUBICONPROJECT.COM <http://www.rubiconproject.com/>

³MOST INNOVATIVE COMPANY² - AMERICAN BUSINESS AWARDS Œ10
 REVV IS OPTIMIZING 1.4 MILLION ADS PER MINUTE