[rabbitmq-discuss] persistent messages stored where?

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Oct 20 22:15:53 BST 2010

Yes; assuming you haven't been doing anything funky with changing node
names etc. You'll pick up the configuration database and a couple of
other things too, but they're not huge. To count just the message store,
look at

/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/rabbit@$(hostname)/msg_store_persistent/

(I think, maybe Matthew will correct me now...)

You should also be aware that when a message gets routed to many queues,
RabbitMQ only stores one copy on disk (plus a lot of pointers). I don't
know if that's relevant to your use case.

Cheers, Simon