[rabbitmq-discuss] plugin warnings on startup for 2.1.1

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Oct 20 11:23:43 BST 2010

On 19/10/10 23:28, Shane wrote:
 > On Oct 19, 6:04 pm, Alexandru Scvorţov<alexan... at rabbitmq.com>  wrote:
 >> If I start the broker, look at the management Overview page, I see
 >> "Currently Idle" under message rates.  If I startup MulticastMain to
 >> generate some traffic, that text disappears.  If I then collapse the
 >> Message Rates section and expand it, I get the message rates.  All of
 >> this is using Chromium and Firefox.
>
> I'm on windows using IE 7. I tried your workaround but nothing shows
> up. If I try FF 3.6.3 I can get the "Deliver" and "Acknowledge"
> elements to show up but they stay at 0 msg/s.

Blimey. As soon as you release something you notice an obvious glitch.
So the text "Currently idle" should not disappear until message rates
are available. I'll get that fixed.

However, Alexandru's workaround is not needed. The message rates take
10s to appear anyway (we get message counts every 5s, and need two to
calculate a rate). I suspect the collapse / expand thing was just making
Alexandru wait long enough :) Could this also be why you saw nothing
with IE7? I've tested with IE6 and it works.

The fact that you're seeing "0 msg/s" is more concerning however. Is
this in a cluster?

Cheers, Simon
--
Simon MacMullen